Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recipe Boxes and a Recipe

Since Eric and I got married I have been trying out tons of different recipes...some good, some awful, some amazing.  I think I finally have enough recipes I will make again that I need to start organizing them into a recipe box.  

Etsy of course has so many cute ones and here are my favorites...or I may just buy a plain one and try painting it or decorating it myself.  Who knows? :)



Speaking of recipes, I think I'll share one of my favorite dessert recipes.  The first time I made it, Eric and I had just gotten married and we ate it all in about 2 days.  Amazing.  

Ingredients
4 large (or about 2 lbs) granny smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced
1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold margarine
25 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
1.5 cups thawed Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping

Make It!
Heat over to 350 degrees
Toss apples with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into 8 or 9 inch baking dish
Combine oats, remaining brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in margarine with a 
      pastry blender or 2 knives (I just use a fork) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Nilla Wafer
      crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. 
Serve warm topped with Cool Whip.

This is so good! perfect for the cool weather and the holidays coming up! I'll be making it when Mom and Sara are here this week for our Mock Thanksgiving Dinner!

Happy recipe collecting!

Love,
Mrs.  Wise




No comments:

Post a Comment