Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Running

For the past year or so, my knee has kept me from running! Silly torn meniscus. I was running a ton before the wedding and then had to stop and it was awful...I HATE the elliptical.

  Well, over the past month that it hasn't been hurting very much. I mean, it used to hurt really bad after half an hour of grocery shopping! I haven't really even noticed it lately, especially after a day at work after standing all day, which is usually when I would have to ice it as soon as I got home. 

So, I think I am going to start trying to run again! Slowly, very slowly.  I am just hoping and praying that I can get back to running a good 5K.  I have come to terms with the fact I won't ever be able to run any more half marathons or a full marathon unless I get surgery, and I am OK with that for now. I just really want to get back into sprint triathlons and all I need there is a 5K.  

Since I have had the same running shoes for more than two years (that is awful, I know), I think I will ask for some new running shoes for my birthday/ Christmas.  I have done some research and these are the ones with the best reviews for people with bad knees! And they are cute!

Nike Lunar Glide + 2! Size 8. I like this color too.Hehe.  


First run will be sometime next week after my mom and sister leave! Wish me luck! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment