Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mom and Sara Visit...day 2

Day 2 was a blast! We slept in a little, made ANOTHER stop at Sprinkles (the Holiday flavors were coming out that day so we had to try them...and we ended up getting 2 free cupcakes because we said their secret word from the Sprinkles Facebook page...so cool!), and then headed home to our house to get ready for the practice Thanksgiving dinner! So, we didn't make a FULL Thanksgiving meal...really I just wanted to take advantage of Mom being there so she could teach me how to make a turkey.  It wasn't that hard at all and it tasted really good! So we just made turkey, green bean casserole (because it isn't right to eat turkey without green bean casserole), and rolls. Enjoy the pics!

2 trips to Sprinkles in 2 days...why not?
Decisions, decisions.
I cannot even believe I touched a raw turkey...story time...One year Mom made me pull all of the guts out of the turkey she was cooking for Thanksgiving.  I was so grossed out I didn't eat turkey for 5 years. This was a big deal for me.
Ready to go into the oven!
Carving my first turkey!
Sara's GB casserole. She is the self-designated GB casserole maker of the family.  No one else is allowed to make it.
Our mini-Thanksgiving meal!
Eric got home just in time for dinner and a cupcake!

Click here for the recipe I used for the turkey!




No comments:

Post a Comment