Thursday, June 2, 2011

Knee Updates

I had my MRI of my knee on Monday...and it turns out I have this weird thing called Hoffa's Disease/Syndrome.  It is where the fat pad of the knee (gross) is inflamed and when the knee straightens out, it gets impinged between the femur and the tibia.  Apparently the fat pad is a very sensitive part of the knee so when it gets impinged it causes a lot of pain.  There is not much information on it but from everything Eric read it sounds like surgery provides the best results, where they go in and take out the inflamed part. I also have a cyst on my meniscus which is usually caused by a healed meniscus injury.  This makes sense because for the last 6 months or so, every time I sit on my knees, this one exact area causes a ton of pain and I have to move immediately to take the pressure off of it.  I'm guessing that is probably the cyst because it is in the exact same place every time. I will talk to Dr. Clarke on Monday a little more to talk about all of my options. I kind of hope  I can just get a quick arthroscopic procedure this summer while the PACU is slow and then be done with this stupid knee! 

We went to Jimmy and Nicole's wedding in Dallas over Memorial Day weekend. It was so beautiful and it was so much fun to see all of our good friends. Especially Aimee Benton! I can't wait until the day we can hang out without it involving a plane ride. :) I will post pics of the wedding on another post. 

Sorry I have been so bad about the blogs lately. Until this weekend all we had been doing was working...and Eric has to work the next 3 weekends in a row...again. We JUST did this last month. I'm definitely tired of his rotations at other hospitals.  In July when he starts being at Mayo full time and doing Urology full time, his schedule will be way more predictable. 

Hope you all are having a good short week so far!

Love,
Mrs. Wise

1 comment:

  1. ooh, not fun to hear about your knee! i hope the solution is easy & fast. miss you two!

    ReplyDelete