Sunday, June 26, 2011

The weirdest day.

What a weird day today was...well mostly this morning.  Yesterday I wasn't feeling great.  Eric and I went to the Pre-Op/PACU luau last night.  We didn't stay long, but when we got home i was feeling worse and just wanted to go to bed. I took a benadryl because my nose was stopped up and I cannot sleep with my nose stopped up. i usually just take half of a pill because they make me so groggy, but for some reason I didn't even think about it and just swallowed the whole thing. It didn't take me long to fall asleep. I'm not sure exactly what time it was, but it was a little before Eric's alarm went off, when I woke up in SO much pain...in my eyes....what? I had no idea why they would be hurting so bad. Since I was so groggy from the benadryl, I was able to fall half asleep again...until...beep.....beep....BEEP. So loud, about every 30 seconds.  I was still groggy and so confused at what was beeping. Eric was already up by this time and getting ready for work, so I knew it wasn't an alarm clock.  When he was telling me goodbye, I asked him what was beeping and he said it was one of the smoke detectors. I asked him if there was anything I could do to make it stop and he said to take the battery out.  By this point my eyes were on FIRE. Like, I cannot think of many things I have gone through that have been more painful. It was awful! And my body was so confused because it wanted to sleep so bad but my eyes hurting and the beeping wouldn't let it. So I get up (it was about 5:45) and go to take the battery out of the smoke detector when I see that Eric already did that before he left for work. I didn't know what to do so I googled "how to make a smoke detector stop beeping".  It took me about 5 minutes to even type in the search because the light on the computer hurt my eyes so bad. What I learned from my google search: if a smoke detector is beeping and you take the battery out, it will beep more frequently. One of the suggestions on the site was to hold down the "test" button on the detector and it will reset it. So I tried this, and then another smoke detector starts beeping!!!!!! I could not believe this. I finally decided I was going to have to change the batteries. It took me so long to come to this conclusion because: 1. I knew we didn't have any 9 volt batteries in the house and 2. I couldn't fathom driving anywhere to get any...i could barely keep my eyes open. So I put my glasses on, and realize it is blurry. I look at my eyes and notice my eyes are red in a perfectly round circle, just the size of my contacts. I slept in my contacts. I NEVER do this. My eyes are pretty sensitive and I usually can't wait to take them out. But even if I do sleep in them, it never makes them hurt this bad. I think with taking the benadryl, it just dried my eyes out SO bad. I take out my contacts and i figure my eyes will start to feel better now so I get in the car to head to Home Depot (I figured if I was making a trip I might as well go there to pick up the paint we picked out for our living room/kitchen). When I was in the middle of the store at the paint counter I literally had to stop talking to the man and close my eyes. they were hurting so bad. The poor man I think thought I was a seriously unstable person and didn't really know what to do when I looked like I was crying at the paint counter. Haha! Well I got through that, then started walking to find the batteries. When I see a lady who works there, I ask her through barely open eyes where the batteries were.  She looked at me like I was nuts and it took me a few long seconds to notice the huge wall of batteries right behind her. Wow. When I was driving the 2 miles home from Home Depot, I thought I might go blind. It was a little after 7:00 am and the sun was SO bright. It was making my eyes hurt so bad i couldn't keep them open. Luckily I hit a red light and was able to close them for enough time to make it home. I honestly can't believe I didn't get in a wreck. Well I get home and finally fixed the two smoke detectors. Finally there was silence and my groggy body could go back to sleep. But no. My eyes were so painful I was actually crying...like writhing in pain.I fumble around for my eye drops I got from the doctor when I had a corneal abrasion and thought those would help...but the bottle was empty! Then I decided to just use the steroid drops. Those things stung my eyes like you wouldn't believe! I couldn't take it any more...I had come to my last resort. i open up my medicine cabinet and found the Lortab I had gotten from my car wreck. I cut one in half and took it. Now, I am NOT a pill popper. I hate taking pain medicine. After my car wreck I only took ONE of those pills.  I didn't even care though. I needed relief. The half Lortab finally kicked in and at least took the edge off so I could keep my eyes closed without writhing in pain.  I slept until 11:45.  My eyes still hurt but not as bad and I didn't want to take anything else. I still feel groggy from the benadryl and the Lortab, but hopefully tonight I will be able to sleep it off.  It was such a weird day!

I hope you all had a not-so-weird day today :)

I will post pictures of our weekend soon!

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment