Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Updates

Sorry I haven't written anything too interesting lately.  We just haven't really been doing much!  Eric was on call last Wednesday, last weekend, last night (when he had to leave at 12:30 am and still has to be there until about 9:00 tonight), will be on call this weekend, and the weekend after that.  Then he has to take his Step 3 exam the week after that.  Then he is going to Oklahoma the week after that because his parents will be in Tulsa, and he will get to see his friends and hang out with my family a little bit.  I won't be able to go because I won't have enough time off from work built up yet.  I'm so sad I won't be able to go because I really miss all of my Oklahomies! 


I am joining Junior League Phoenix! I went to an information session last weekend and it sounds awesome.  i was worried at first about not being able to make all of the requirements of provisional year but they ensured me there are so many ways to get hours that it won't be a problem. i already met some quality girls at the info session so I am really excited to get the ball rolling! 

Eric and I switched to Scottsdale Bible church. We tried this church out when wee first moved here but we were really hesitant because IT. IS. HUGE.  We didn't feel at first that a church this big would be best for us.  We had been going to another church when we could, but with our work schedules usually clashing, it was only about once a month where we would both have Sunday off to go to church.  Now that I don't have to work weekends except for being on call every once and a while, we can go to church together more often (except for this crazy stretch we are on now). We decided on trying this church out again because of the huge amount of Sunday school groups they have.  We decided to start going to a group called First 5.  It is a group for couples in their first 5 years of marriage.  We walked in for the first time and saw Eric's co-intern, Mark, and his wife Tessa! We knew they went to this church but didn't know they went to this class.  Then we saw one of the General Surgery attendings at Mayo, Dr. Gray, who is one of the leaders of the group.  So, we felt like we fit in right away because of the familiar faces! Last week the girls of the group got together and we filled bags to give to homeless people we see.  We put lots of little things is them to make them feel better about themselves, like hygiene products. We also included socks, combs, water, Gatorade, and lots of snacks.  Hopefully when we hand them out they will feel like someone cares about them.

The Thunder are here tonight playing the Suns. We aren't going because Eric has no idea when he will be able to leave work. I'm so bummed. I miss my team! And I miss my husband! We are going to need some major time together after this crazy month coming up. 

Hope you all are having a great week! 

Love,
Mrs. Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment