Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Days 15-19

Day 15: 

I am thankful for my job. Work is work, and is pretty rough sometimes, but my job is pretty awesome. Not only am I fortunate enough to have a stable job, but I get to hang out with some pretty fun people too. My co-workers ROCK and it is so much fun to be around them...and we definitely figure out how to fit in some social time here and there. :)  I get to take care of patients who are (for the most part) pretty appreciative, and hang out with fun people all day long. I've got it pretty good :)

Day 16: 

I am thankful for my mom and dad! They are pretty awesome parents! I was a huge brat when I was a teenager and I can't believe they still claim me :) I miss them a ton and I can't wait until we live in the same state again and we can hang out whenever we want! I can't wait to see them as grandparents to our (future) kids. The older I get, the more I appreciate them, and I hope they are around for so many more years!

Day 17

I am thankful for the super-nice attendings that Eric works for! The residents had their annual in-service exam on Saturday morning.  To celebrate, Dr. Andrews had us all over for dinner to celebrate the exam being over.  Maggiano's (an awesome Italian place in Scottsdale) catered and we had beer, margaritas, wine, 3 types of pasta, 2 types of salad, bread, cookies, carrot cake, and red velvet cake. Oh and there were some really amazing appetizers too! I've heard some pretty bad horror stories about some residents' attendings, so I am so thankful that Eric hasn't had to experience that.  His attendings recognize the residents' hard work and reward them for it. Residency is difficult enough without having to have awful attendings breathing down their necks all of the time. 

Day 18

I am thankful for Eric's co-residents and their significant others! I am pretty positive that no other residents care about each other more, stick up for each other more, hang out with each other more, or are as close to each other.  They have become some of my best friends too. Last night we had a Urology Family Dinner: Thanksgiving Style...we have a Urology Family Dinner most Sunday nights and we have a potluck type dinner and get to hang out together.  Last night we had a huge Thanksgiving feast! I am very thankful for this especially since it was probably my only traditional Thanksgiving meal since Eric is on call from Thursday- Monday morning :( 

Day 19

I am thankful for wine! :) It was a busy day at work, and nothing is better than unwinding with a nice glass of wine in front of the TV...it's the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment