Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy One Year, Bentons!


So I didn't get to blog about this yesterday because my 12 hour shift at work turned in to a 13 hour shift and I was about to pass out when I got home (but that's another blog post). But yesterday was the Bentons' first wedding anniversary! Aimee and Garret got married one year ago (yesterday)! We love Aimee and Garrett.  Eric and Garrett have been BFF's since way before Eric and I even knew each other.  They have been through tons together and I'm so thankful Eric has had such a great person like Garrett as constant factor in his life.  And Aimee, I think we were separated at birth.  I mean, Eric and Garrett are basically the same person. They finish each other's sentences.  So I guess I should have known that they would end up with two girls that are exactly the same.  It makes me sad that we didn't know each other before Garrett and Aimee started dating because I know we would have been such great friends.  We first really hit it off on our road trip to Austin, Texas to visit the Gibsons.  We bonded when we sat on the staircase talking about what kind of engagement rings we wanted ;).  I can remember two weeks before their wedding when Garrett and the guys were in Dallas for Garrett's bachelor party.  Aimee and I were hanging out and we were picking out songs for their wedding.  I was lucky enough to see a picture of her in her wedding dress...and I cried.  There is just something about seeing one of your friends in a wedding dress. I don't know what it is.  Then Aimee introduced a song to me that I ended up walking down the aisle to at our wedding.  Love it.  Then we had so many great times watching bad (but awesome) TV; making Halloween treats; OSU homecoming (can't believe Garrett and Eric went with us); shopping, convincing each other to buy things we didn't need, and making our "no-more-tshirts-no-matter-how-comfortable-they-are" pledge; double sushi dates; frozen yogurts dates; our KC trip, etc!  

Their wedding was so beautiful.  Outside ceremony on a beautiful August day (but felt more like an April day, not too hot at all), and the reception was so fun. Filled with tons of love.  It was fun being engaged for two weeks together Aims. We love you two so much and hope you had an amazing first anniversary...and wish you tons more! 

Stunning!
Happy couple
BFF's
Happy day!
We love you two! (Aimee I stole these pics from your facebook hehe!)

Love,
The Wises

No comments:

Post a Comment