Friday, August 27, 2010

My Husband, the Golfer


When people started finding out that Eric and I were moving to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, the first thing people would say was usually something along the lines of, "There is such great golf there! You are going to go golfing so often."  Well, if you know my husband you know that he is no where near a golfer.  He has never really been interested in golf and swore that just because he was moving to a place where everyone golfs, he would NOT become a golfer.  He had never even swung a golf club until his good friend Ryan Wicks from medical school started taking him to the driving range at the end of fourth year.  I kept telling him there was no way we would go the whole 5 years of his residency here without him golfing.  Well, I think he lasted about 3 weeks here before Mark, Eric's co-intern invited him to go to the driving range.  They started going every couple of weeks, and now, every Wednesday night, to the driving range they go.  Eric even played a round of golf with some of the other residents last week and loved it...and they are going again this Saturday!  To top it off, last night he came home with a new golf bag and his own set of golf clubs.  I knew it would be impossible for him to not golf here! :)
The new bag and clubs!
Working on the form.
A little golf club/guitar action.
Look at my golfer husband!

Hope you all have a great Friday, and maybe enjoy a little golf :)
Love,
The Wises

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! You'll have to be next, Megan, so you can golf together! I've never made it past putt-putt myself....

    ReplyDelete