Friday, August 20, 2010

One year ago today...






Today marks one year from when my sweet, handsome, loving husband got down on one knee and asked me to  be his wife!!! I seriously cannot believe it has been one year.  It was the most perfect night ever and the happiest day of my life (well, behind our wedding day). Eric and I were going out to celebrate our "official" 6-month anniversary. We had wine at his house, went out to dinner, and walked around the Myriad Gardens in downtown OKC, where he had one of my best friends in the world, Carissa Everett and her husband Jason hiding and taking pictures. He got a card out of his pocket and acted like it was a card for our 6-month anniversary. He was reading it to me and the very last line of the card said. "...Megan Michelle Howell, will you marry me?" It could not have been more perfect.  I think any girl will tell you, no matter how the love of their life popped the question, it was perfect.  It is just such a happy time, I don't think anything could have made it more or less perfect! I love that today, one year later, I am able to get that card out and read exactly what he said to me when he proposed, and I will be able to forever. I love you so much Eric...thank you for asking me to spend forever with you!!! Carissa and Jason, thank you so much for taking so much time to plan the whole night with Eric, and for being there to capture it on film. I love you guys!

Eric and Jason checking out the location the day before.
Eric reading me the card he wrote me...
Down on one knee! I'm not believing what I'm seeing/hearing here.
Eric checking out the new bling on my finger...he bought the ring about a month before. :)
Just so happy.
Thank you, wonderful Carissa for everything!
Eric, me, Carissa, and Jason.
Eric's best friend Garrett...celebrating!
Sweet Aimee! We got to enjoy being engaged together for about a week before she and Garrett got married! :)
Also, Check out this engagement slideshow Oklahoma photographer Josh McCullock made us!

Love,
The Wises

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Hope you had fun celebrating this special day. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete