Friday, October 22, 2010

What a Week

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. It has just been an insane week. Last Sunday we added a new member to our little family, Mia the boxer! She is super cute and we love her a lot. We are having a little trouble with her behaving while we are gone though, so we are working on that. She deserves her own post so for now I just have to tell you about the other major event that happened on the evening we got Mia, my car wreck. 

Let me just tell you that I am sick and tired of just minding my own business and getting hit by another car. In April I was driving to work and got rear ended on the highway. Our first week here in Phoenix I got hit at a stoplight and the driver did not stop and there was no license plate on the car. Oh and lets not forget about the time my car was parked in the Target parking lot when a cart pusher ran into my car.  Or the time in high school when a car hydroplaned and hit me because they were driving too fast in the rain.

 So, THIS TIME: I decided to go to Fresh 'N Easy about a block away to pick up something for Eric and me to have for dinner. I'm just sitting at the red light, waiting to make my right turn. THEN: a 16 year old boy in a Yukon (brand new, rims, etc) decided to run a red light.  In this process he slammed into an SUV in the intersection, which spun to the other side of the road towards my car. I look, I scream, brace for impact, and then my car spins around, jumps the curb, and slams into an electrical box on the side of the road. I got hit so hard my glasses flew off my face. And the air bags for some reason did not go off (I supposedly have side impact air bags and if they were working properly, there is no way they would not have gone off...we have to talk, Toyota). Since I was just going on a 5 minute round trip, I did not bring my phone so I couldn't call Eric. Luckily a lady let me use her phone to call him. He was so scared when he got there because there were so many police officers, fire trucks, and ambulances.  They had even set up flares around the scene and blocked off the road in both directions.  Luckily, no one was seriously hurt.  The woman that was hit in the intersection was getting sleepy so they thought she had a concussion, so she was taken to the hospital to get checked out.  I have huge bruises on my leg and knee, and other various places around my body, and my back and neck are pretty stiff.  I chose not to go to the hospital to get checked out since I had to do this in April and didn't feel like going through the whole process again. The boy who ran the red light came out without a scratch. Figures. (Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanted him to get hurt, I just feel like it always happens where the person that causes the accident always walks away unscathed. 

Anyway, my car is most likely totaled. I should find out for sure today. Here are some pictures of the accident. 
getting ready to be towed away
:(
my poor car.
Busted tire and the wheel is broken.
the bumper hanging on by a thread
bye bye bumper.

Thank you Lord for sending guardian angels that protected all of us involved in this accident.

 I did not feel right taking a picture of this, but at the exact corner my car was hit, there was a wooden cross in the ground marking the place where a man had died in a car crash in February. Wow. God was looking out for me this night. 

Thank God for your life today.

Love,
The Wises

No comments:

Post a Comment