Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Friday and an Announcement

Happy Friday friends! It is a cold one here in Phoenix, with it only being 27 when I woke up. By the way the weathermen here on TV are acting about this "cold" weather, you would think Snowmageddon was going on here. Funny stuff. The citizens of Phoenix were told to "Bundle up if we are going outside, with a high of only 53, its a chilly one!" Oh my. 

Announcement time: 

I will be starting a new job at the end of this month! I am really excited, but I will be very sad to leave all of my friends I have made at Good Sam. I will be starting work at Mayo Clinic Hospital in the PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) at the end of this month! I think it will be a good change from the ICU setting where I was becoming physically and emotionally worn out. 

This also means that sometimes I will see Eric at work.  Weird. Awkward.  We have already made the decision that we probably won't even really talk unless we need to.  Since I will probably be taking care of his/his peers' patients after they get out of surgery, we want to keep it strictly professional, so no one would even have a clue we were married if they didn't already know. I can just picture the first time I have to page him and say, "Hi Dr. Wisenbaugh, this is Megan in the PACU. Your patient so and so is having this problem...." Weird. Awkward.

I will keep you all updated on how the transition goes from ICU to PACU! 

Love,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you! Plus I can't wait to hear stories...you are living real life Grays Anatomy. Wish you were snowed in with us this week like old times :)

    ReplyDelete