Monday, February 28, 2011

More Snow Fun

Happy Monday, everyone! Eric and I wen to Flagstaff on Saturday with three of his work buddies for a full day of snowboarding! It was so much fun, and I did way better at boarding than I did in Breck for some reason. Maybe it was the new cute green helmet Eric got for me :).  I must say, it is pretty amazing only being 2 hours away from mountains that have legitimate snow and slopes.  We left around 7:00 in the morning, were on the mountain by 9:30, boarded until close, ate dinner in Flagstaff, and were home by 8:00 that night! 

Waiting in line!

On the lift

Eric and Mike

This picture took many attempts

So excited

Eric and Mike

Ben, Eric, Katie, Mike

Here are a couple of videos I took of Eric on the terrain park doing some jumps:











Ok I don't really know why they are so big...I'm new at this video posting thing. I'll work on that :)

In other news...one year ago today, Eric got home from his month long vacation away-rotation in Japan, and we were enjoying our wedding week...I can't believe it has been a year! There were so many emotions all at once...all the emotions that go along with a wedding: excited/nervous/happy/in love etc...but my family was also going through the sadness and stress of losing my grandmother on the very same night that Eric got home. Talk about mixed emotions, and thank goodness for family and great friends. 

We are very much looking forward to celebrating our first anniversary together this weekend as one of the higher-up residents who makes the schedules switched it up a little bit so Eric could have the weekend off.  Such a great surprise!

Hope you all are having a good week so far!

Love,
The Wises

No comments:

Post a Comment