Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Snowboarding Trip!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post about this!  A few weeks ago, Eric and I took our first vacation together (besides our honeymoon of course)! We went to Breckenridge, CO to do a little snowboarding.  It was so fun! 

We took a few pretty hard falls.  I am glad I am dorky and wear a helmet because I always seem to fall on my head. I get really nervous when I start to feel like I'm going too fast, then I can't stop thinking about it, and then I just wipe out hard core. It never fails. Eric didn't know what to do when I fell so hard the wind got knocked out of me so bad i couldn't breathe... and since not being able to breathe is one of my worst fears I started crying. Who cries on the mountain?! Me. However, Eric was so patient with me! What a trooper. 

He fell pretty hard too a couple of times. One time he did something to his shoulder and couldn't lift his arm above his head for a good week. The third morning we were both so sore and could barely get out of bed!

It was such a great trip. It was the first time since living here we both had several days off to spend together and that alone made it such a great vacation!


Eric heading to the lift


Eric's! We ate here one night and had awesome pizza!
                                      

pretty horses!

Story: We went to Keystone for night skiing only to find out it was closed for the night and the next shuttle wasn't scheduled to come for an hour and a half.  So we made a game out of throwing snowballs through the wreath. Whoever scored the highest got to throw a snowball at the other person, and I won :). Twice. :)

Eating snow

cold!

Sorry for the lack of makeup. It would have just gotten washed off  in all of my faceplants in the snow.

We stayed right on the mountain! It was so nice to just be able to walk to the lifts.

Love you!

Gorgeous!

Eric chillin' on the lift


Me and my helmet





Here we go!
The indoor/outdoors pool and hot tubs. Thank goodness we had hot tubs to soothe our muscles!

Next year we are trying to plan another skiing trip, but with a bunch of our friends from home! Can't wait for this!

Love,
The Wises


No comments:

Post a Comment