Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall








So for the past week I have been hearing all about how amazing the weather back home in Oklahoma is.  It makes me a little jealous, I'm not going to lie.  I am craving fall weather.  I'm just obsessed with fall. Sadly fall is no where in our near future hear in Phoenix...there is even an excessive heat warning in effect through tomorrow and it is expected to get to be above 110 degrees...ugh.  Everyone keeps telling us that if we can just make it through the summer, the winter will just be amazing.  I don't know how much longer I can wait! Some of my favorite things about fall:

Bath and Body Works Leaves candle. The perfect fall scent.
I love the Wallflowers from B&BW.  I usually have about 5 of these plugged in throughout the house at one time and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin will be a common one this fall.
Yummm Creamy Nutmeg! This works well through winter too. Some other B&BW scents I want to try out: Autumn and Creamy Pumpkin!
I love walking into this store during fall.  I could spend hours walking up and down the aisles looking at all of the fall/Halloween decorations...there have been many times when Tiffany and I would just go walk around looking for crafts to do :)
I love fall wreaths!!! I want to try and re-create this one to hang on our front door.  Look for that post later!
Starbucks pumpkin spice latte! I think I like the smell better than the taste, but just the fact that it's back is a universal symbol that fall is here!  Looking forward to trying the new toffee mocha latte :)  P.S. Nothing is better than a cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks...favorite winter drink for sure...and when the holiday/winter Starbucks cup comes out...Oh Happy Day!!!
The best fall activity that I can literally spend a whole day doing without spending any money at all...well, I might spend $4 on a Starbucks latte but still, $4 for pure bliss? WORTH IT.  This is the Barnes and Noble that I go to, in Desert Ridge. Sorry Oklahoma friends, but this B&N is way better than any of them in OK. It has a huge reading area with about 20 of those big comfy chairs that circles around a big fireplace thing that you can sit back and put your feet on...Love.
Enough said. Fall=football!!!
I did this for Eric. I'm such a good wife. i will admit, I did have fun at the one OU football game he took me to.
Halloween and everything that comes along with it! I have to force myself to stay out of the gift shop at work because it is filled with the cutest boutique-y Halloween decorations.  I think I will wait to decorate for Halloween until we have kids so someone else will be as excited about it as I am :)

These are a few of my fave fall things.  I'm sure I will think of more, especially when it actually feels like fall here, so be on the lookout for another post!

Happy autumn!
Love,
The Wises

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did this with the pictures of all the things you love. I'd love to spend a day with you smelling and sampling all those wonderful scents. And tell Eric he should have some fun with Halloween - after all, his dad once dressed up as He-Man and another time as the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete