Thursday, September 9, 2010

SUCCESS!!!


So, I decided to attempt re-creating the fall wreath I saw instead of  buying the Pier 1 version {see previous post}...and...it was a success!!! I am really excited about this.  It was so easy and only took me about 1.5 hour to make.  I will definitely be making more wreaths in the future, and if you want to save money on seasonal/holiday decorations, this is the way to go.  Enjoy!
This large wreath was only $3.50 at Hobby Lobby.
Other tools you will need:
1. glue gun (already owned)...but you can get them for about $5 at Hobby Lobby
2. wreath hanger: $2.20 at Hobby Lobby
3. pliers to cut the floral stems (Eric already had some in his tool box but I really liked these pink ones from Hobby Lobby) 
Fall m&ms. I had to.
So, at Hobby Lobby they didn't have the exact berries from the wreath I was trying to replicate.  So I just bought some that I liked.  They had SO many options and all floral stems were half off this week. I spend about $10 total on all of these (do not, I repeat DO NOT buy anything at Hobby Lobby if it isn't half off that week...I promise it will be half off either the next week or the week after that. Be patient)!
Cut up all of the floral stems into pieces of various lengths.
Light a fall candle. :)

Sidenote: Creamy Pumpkin candle from B&BW is TO DIE FOR.  I had the Autumn candle burning and it is absolutely amazing too...but B&BW sold out of Creamy Pumpkin in this size yesterday. The other sizes weren't on sale and I refuse to buy almost anything full price there.  I will be checking back frequently so I can burn this heavenly scent in my house...new favorite fore sure.

Another sidenote: I was going to post pictures of the progress of the wreath along the way...but I really had no method of placing the berries on the wreath and it looked really bad until I was completely done. So, just put a little dab of hot glue on the end of the stem...then randomly place them in the wreath and hold for a few seconds so the glue can stick.
Finished product!!!
Sorry for the bad lighting...these pictures just don't do it justice... it is a lot more colorful than it looks. 
This was my inspiration! I can't wait to look for more inspiration and add my own tough to some more wreath projects in the future.


So, since I will only have to buy the wreath, wreath hanger, and floral stems for future projects, each wreath should only cost about $15 to $20 if I take advantage of the 50% off sales at Hobby Lobby...depending on the price of the stems...some of the extravagant holiday ones can get kind of pricey. Wreaths can be SO expensive to buy pre-made so it is definitely a lot cheaper than buying them! Yay!

Oh...add about $2 to that price if you would like a huge bag of the current season's m&ms.  :)

I hope this inspires you to be creative this fall/holiday season! 

Love,
Mrs. Wise




1 comment: